Why we like it
- Located in the historic old quarter of Seville within walking distance of Giralda cathedral and the Reales Alcázares
- 159 minimalist rooms, including 30 suites
- Each floor celebrates a different Spanish artist, from Murillo to Goya
- Feast on traditional Andalucian dishes at El Burladero
- Fully equipped wellness centre with a Turkish bath, sun terrace and panoramic city views
About Gran Meliá Colon
Gran Meliá Colon is an elegant five star hotel situated in the old quarter of Seville, between the Maestranza bullring, the Torre del Oro and the Giralda. The location is perfect for discovering the most interesting and original shops in the city. Built in 1929, the building is now a listed monument, maintaining its original neoclassical façade, but the interiors have been entirely remodelled for the modern traveller. Each floor is themed after a renowned Spanish artist and Goya's famous painting, the Dressed Maja, leads you to the Penthouse Master Suite. The red and gold room interiors are a complemented by award-winning contemporary furnishings, and many of the rooms have views facing Calle Canalejas, Magdalena church, or Cruz del Cavario.
There are three restaurants serving a selection of cuisine from local tapas and Andalusian specialities to international buffet-style dishes. The hotel's Wellness Centre is on the top floor;a true highlight of your stay, it has a solarium deck with comfortable hammocks, Balinese beds and a spectacular hydro-massage pool with magnificent city views.