Why we like it
- Mandarin Oriental Barcelona is situated on the famous Passeig de Gràcia street, near Gaudi's Casa Batlló
- A number of rooms have balconies or terrace, which boast views over Passeig de Gràcia or the landscaped interior garden
- The gourmet restaurant, Moments, serves some of the best Catalan cuisine in the country, whilst Blanc, with its double height atrium, offers Mediterranean specialities
- Spa facilities include an oriental herbal steam room, rainforest experience showers, a 12-metre pool and a wellness centre
- The hotel has a stylish rooftop dipping pool and sun deck
About Mandarin Oriental Barcelona
The Mandarin Oriental Barcelona is an elegant, mid 20th Century building with a highly stylised, modern interior designed by Spanish born Patricia Urquiola. Centrally located, it is the ideal place from which to explore the artistic and cultural delights of this great city.
The hotel's 98 luxurious guest rooms exude modern design, whilst incorporating delicate reflections of oriental heritage. Dominated by clean lines and 'white space' they are the very epitome of cool, modern chic - brilliantly brought to life with splashes of colour, stylish furniture and well chosen furnishings.
The original touches are everywhere. The Bankers Bar - the place to be in the evening - has a display created from an original collection of bank security boxes. This hotel is a model of contemporary design surrounded by Barcelona's modernist architecture and art.