Why we like it
- The 162 opulent rooms and suites dotted with elegant antique furniture have views of the inner courtyard, gardens or the grand buildings of the city
- Children are well catered for with a Cartoon DVD Library, PlayStation games consoles, interconnecting rooms and babysitting on request
- Traditional afternoon tea or light refreshments are served in the majestic hotel lobby in the early evening
- The Goya Restaurant serves Spanish delicacies influenced by French and Basque cuisine, or you can opt for superb al fresco dining on the Terrace above the beautiful Ritz Madrid gardens
- We recommend the Junior suites, with their garden views and elegant sitting rooms
About Hotel Ritz
A baroque palace landmark positioned at the heart of Madrid's 'Golden Triangle', Hotel Ritz is within walking distance of the city's major cultural, business, shopping and dining venues. Built in 1910 at the behest of King Alfonso XIII, this iconic landmark helped to establish Madrid as one of the truly great European cities: it has welcomed visiting aristocracy and dignitaries ever since. The bars and restaurants buzz with life especially on Sunday mornings with diners enjoying brunch after a walk in the Retiro Park.
After a day exploring the city, the Bodyna Wellness Centre is well worth a visit. Pamper yourself with the extensive treatments on offer or make use of the gym.