Why we like it
- Located in the heart of the beautiful Basque region.
- Opened in 1912 and recently restored, the Hotel Maria Cristina is part of San Sebastian's history and culture.
- Lavish Belle Époque interior filled with soaring columns.
- 136 spacious rooms and suites
- Royal Suites feature a terrace with panoramic city views
About Hotel Maria Cristina, San Sebastian
The Hotel Maria Cristina is situated in the heart of charming San Sebastian, known for its impressive beaches, fascinating culture and the legendary International Film Festival. This classically styled hotel has an ideal central location overlooking the Urumea River and close to many of the city's beaches, including our favourite, Zurriola Beach, with its less crowded sands and great surf.
Surrounded by beautiful gardens, Hotel Maria Cristina exudes the glamour of bygone era. Regal pastel shades accentuate the classic architecture and is complimented by the original chandeliers and 19th century portraits that still remain. Choose from Classic, Deluxe or Premium rooms or opt for one of the luxurious suites with their own private terrace overlooking the city.
Begin your morning with a delicious buffet breakfast at Easo Restaurant, before heading out to experience San Sebastian's charm; visit the maze of alleyways in the lively neighbourhood of Parte Vieja, stopping at one of the many cafés to sample some traditional Pinxtos. Follow this with a gentle hike up Monte Urgull for breath taking views before retiring back to the hotel to relax with a refreshing sundowner at Dry Bar.