Why we like it
- Located in the heart of Stockholm overlooking the Harbour
- The Hall of Mirrors and the Winter Garden are both designated as Swedish national treasures for their great historical significance
- Two Michelin-starred Matsalen restaurant and one Michelin-starred Matbaren
- World-class Spa offering Nordic bathing rituals and Arctic detox massages
- Attracts visiting royalty, heads of state and celebrities
About Grand Hotel Stockholm
The Grand Hotel Stockholm is one of Scandinavia's leading hotels and a landmark in the centre of Sweden's capital city. Opened in 1874, the hotel boasts a prime waterfront location overlooking the Royal Palace and Gamla Stan, Stockholm's old town. It is an ideal base from which to explore the city; both the Parliament building and Royal Opera House are nearby and the top end shopping district is just a short 5 minutes' walk.
When it comes to accommodation choose from the 278 spacious rooms, including 34 luxury suites. Interiors are distinctive and traditional, with no two rooms the same as they portray the hotel's colourful history. The Princess Lilian Suite impresses with panoramic views across Stockholm and is the most spectacular of them all.
Swedish restaurant Veranda offers seasonal themed menus and is renowned for its traditional Smorgasbord served all year round as well as its stunning views. In the summer of 2013 the hotel opened a new outdoor restaurant, The Terrace, which serves delicious Mediterranean and Southern European dishes in a relaxed setting.
The Grand Hotel Nordic Spa and Fitness is a member of The Leading Spas of the World. The unique treatments are inspired by Norse mythology and the highly trained therapists will adapt the massage to suit your specific needs.