Why we like it
- Located on privately owned Olhuveli Island in the idyllic Laamu Atoll
- Eco-friendly yet luxurious experience with a natural design that blends with the island's lush vegetation
- There are six delectable restaurants including an overwater wine cellar and deli
- Children's club, The Den, keeps young explorers entertained with a variety of activities, from pizza making to snorkelling and beach treasure hunts
- Drift away at the Six Senses Spa as you cocoon yourself in one of the double treatment Bamboo Nests
About Six Senses Laamu
Six Senses Laamu is an exclusive resort in the paradisiacal Southern Maldives. 97 Beachfront and Water Villas have been elegantly designed with a focus on natural materials. Beach Villas include a spacious bedroom, bathroom with outdoor rain shower, private sundeck and garden with direct beach access. Each has a raised deck above the villa for romantic dinners, or for sleeping out under the stars. Water Villas have an outdoor sitting area, private sun deck, raised dining deck, outdoor rain shower and a sunken bath with breathtaking ocean views. A glass floor and glass outdoor tables enable you to observe the underwater world while relaxing or dining. If you are travelling as a family, the spacious Lagoon Beach Villa boasts two bedrooms with private pool and direct access to the lagoon.
Six Senses Laamu offers a myriad of activities - an afternoon cooking class, canoe trip, try your hand at hobie cat sailing or borrow a book from the well-stocked library. Dining caters for every taste, from lunch at sophisticated Leaf Restaurant, to a choice of 50 flavours at the Ice Cream Parlour, to a special evening in the glass Wine Cellar Tower, Altitude, rising six metres out of the ocean where flying wine-waiters are on hand to pick out your chosen vintage. The perfect end to a perfect day is a star-lit movie at the open-air cinema.