Why we like it
- Shanti Maurice is located on the beautiful south coast among 36 acres of tropical gardens
- Individually owned hotel and one of the smallest in Mauritius
- 61 sea-facing luxury suites and villas, including the exclusive Shanti Villa covering a spacious 800sq metres
- The tranquil beach offers only non-motorised water sports, such as windsurfing, sailing, pedal boats, snorkelling and kayaking
- The Nira Spa Concept is one of the largest in the Indian Ocean, with 25 treatment rooms offering Ayurvedic regimes with contemporary international treatments
About Shanti Maurice, A Nira Resort
Nestled between sugarcane fields and the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, Shanti Maurice promises an indigenous Mauritian experience that will enlighten all your senses. Two exotic nature reserves neighbour the resort's pristine white sands making Shanti Maurice one of the most private resorts on the island, and the expanse of estate is great for exploring either by bike or on foot.
The spacious suites and villas are decorated with cool linens, calm colours and tropical woods, all with large double beds and discreet modern technologies. Junior Suites have a large balcony or terrace, sea-views and spacious bathrooms, with the ground floor junior suites having direct access to the beach and an outdoor shower. If you are looking for more privacy, the Luxury Villas are our favourite, all face directly onto the beach with beautiful ocean views and their own swimming pool. The Shanti Villa comprises two bedrooms and a swimming pool with built-in Jacuzzi. For any villa stay, you can enjoy your own private butler service and complimentary golf at the nearby course.
Dining experiences at the oceanfront Stars Signature Restaurant or Pebbles all day dining are simple yet exquisite offering Mediterranean, international cuisine or casual BBQ's, with the chefs creating imaginative choices for the most discerning of palates. Most of the fresh produce used in the restaurants is grown on the property together with fish fresh from the ocean. Kick back with one of 180 types of rum while a local Mauritian plays on his guitar at the casual Rum Shed on the beach.
The pride of the almost exclusively local staff at the resort is evident throughout the Shanti Maurice experience, manifesting itself in genuinely warm and caring service. The hotel has a Kids Club and a specially designed Kids Activities Programme, with recreational pursuits such as non-motorised water sports, tennis, and arts & crafts including shell-painting, clay-modelling and 'treasure hunts'. The Kids club is set within its own grounds and comes complete with its own toddler's pool, games room and outside play area.