Why we like it
- Every single one of the 294 rooms and 27 suites is a "room with a view"
- One of the most distinguished addresses in the national capital, The Taj Mahal Hotel is a city landmark located in the exclusive residential area of Lutyens' Delhi
- Dining options include Machan, a lively 24-hour café, The House of Ming (once the first Chinese restaurant in New Delhi), Wasabi by Morimoto, Varq and the Grill Room
- The Spa offers holistic natural therapy, a combination of Ayurvedic, Oriental and Western Traditional Spa Treatments
- The hotel has a lovely outdoor pool
About Taj Mahal, New Delhi
At the heart of New Delhi lies arguably the most distinguished address in India's capital. On Number One Mansingh Road amidst the broad boulevards and leafy splendour of Delhi's chief architect, Edwin Lutyens, stands the wonderful Taj Mahal hotel.
Central to the hotel's prominence is its old-world grace and charm, from the grand public areas to the sumptuous rooms. Every detail in the hotel has clearly been pored over in the quest for perfection - for instance the wonderfully ornate traditional touches in the lobby and lounge areas.
The rooms mix classical decor and a relaxed comfort with stunning views. There is a choice of pool view or Lutyens' city view, which showcases the President's Palace, India Gate and the Raj Path, Humayuns Tomb and the Taj Mahal Delhi gardens. Since The Taj Mahal Hotel is the only high rise in this area, all rooms afford unbroken views of the skyline.