Why we like it
- All rooms have private balconies
- Ananda is located in the Himalayan foothills, close to the mythological cities of Haridwar and Rishikesh and surrounded by graceful Sal forests
- Dining options span the main restaurant, tree top deck and pavilion, which serve the finest Indian, Asian and Western cuisine
- The 24,000 square foot spa offers an extensive menu of over 70 body and beauty treatments, integrating the traditional Indian systems of Ayurveda with the more contemporary Western spa approach
- A lovely pool flanked by natural forest is perched on the side of a hill that slopes down to the valley
About Ananda Resort & Spa, Dehradun
Nestled in the Himalayan foothills and overlooking the Ganges River, this wonderful spa resort effortlessly celebrates the spiritual teachings and philosophies of this spectacular and unspoiled region.
The public areas are in the Palace of the Maharajah of Tehri Garhwal. Standing behind a beautiful façade and popularly known as the Viceregal Palace, it has played host to some of India's most renowned heads of state. Completely restored, it is the ultimate statement in subtle style.
The resort offers 75 spacious and luxurious rooms complete with all the modern comforts plus exceptional views over the gardens and the mountains beyond. Inside, they are all about understated luxury, radiating the warmth and style of an upscale private apartment. Replete with facilities they combine clean lines and contemporary furniture with swathes of polished, dark wood.