Why we like it
- A charming guesthouse located in the town of Mcleod Ganj
- Enjoy stunning views of the Kangra Valley
- Interiors feature authentic Tibetan artworks
- The Hummingbird Restaurant serves authentic Indian and Tibetan treats
- Explore the vicinity with a range of excursions and experiences
About Chonor House
Chonor House is a beautiful colonial-era property situated in the remote northwest corner of India. Enjoy far-reaching views over Kangra Valley’s canopy of pine and cedar trees set before an enchanting mountain backdrop. Throughout the hotel, the artistic themes hark to the unique culture of nearby Tibet.
The spacious rooms boast private balconies, enabling you to soak in the surrounding tranquillity. Meals are served at the stylish Hummingbird Restaurant, specialising in fresh local ingredients. The scenic alfresco seating creates the perfect atmosphere. Taste regional dishes and other Asian favourites such as Vietnamese spring rolls and Tibetan thukpa.
Throughout your stay, you have many chances to explore the precious culture of this part of the world. Learn about Tibetan art and scholarship at hotel workshops and discover the religious monuments of the Kangra Valley. The Losel Doll Museum is another attraction. You may also cross over into Tibet to explore Norbulingka, the historic summer residence of the Dali Lamas.