Why we like it
- Enjoy game drives and see tiger or the elusive Ganges River Dolphin
- Stay in colonial elegance or spacious thatched villa
- Explore four separate forest reserves rich with animals and birdlife
- Meet the famous Tharu tribe known as the “people of the forest”
- Learn to cook Indian cuisine from the master chefs
About Jaagir Lodge Dudhwa
Nestling deep in the Terai forest reserves of India is Jaagir Lodge Dudhwa. The luxurious retreat is the perfect base to explore the diverse terrain home to tiger and leopard which freely roam over the border from Nepal. You can tailor your visit to meet the Tharu tribe known as the “people of the forest”.
After a day enjoying the wildlife that live in the foothills of the Himalayas, retire to the colonial elegance of your lodge. You can choose from rooms in the main building, built in the 1940s, or one of the spacious thatched round villas. Sample the delicately-spiced local cuisine cooked by award-winning chefs. For those eager to hone their culinary skills and impress their friends you can learn from the masters with a personal cooking lesson.
Family-run Jaagir Lodge Dudhwa allows you stay in an opulent style while brushing shoulders with the nature around you. Enjoy a freshly cup of tea from the comfort of your veranda watching the birds in the mango orchards.