Why we like it
- All havelis and pavilions have private outdoor areas, from patios to courtyards
- Amanbagh is a verdant oasis of mature palm, fruit and eucalyptus trees lying within a walled compound once the staging area for royal hunts
- The restaurant serves seasonal Indian and Western food, while unique special dining venues are available around the property
- In the Spa, a team of highly-skilled therapists provide a range of healing therapies as well as facials, massages, scrubs and traditional henna art
- The swimming pool is at the centre of the resort's gardens. Light meals, snacks and drinks are available poolside throughout the day
About Amanbagh, Alwar
Amanbagh is the second Aman resort to open in Rajasthan and complements the 'Aman in India' experience. Set within a walled oasis two hours from Jaipur, the resort evokes the palatial elegance of the Moghul era, its award-winning design featuring domed cupolas, soaring ceilings and lovely private courtyards.
The resort's Haveli Suites and Pool Pavilions provide a tranquil base from which to explore the rich heritage of Rajasthan, India's dramatic frontier region. All are wonderfully grand and beautifully appointed - a highlight being the large bathtubs carved from Udaipur green marble.
This resort is very much a modern day 'Mughal Palace', conceived in the present, but paying homage to the architecture and design of India's golden age.