Why we like it
- The 565 rooms and suites are split between the old-world Heritage Wing and the contemporary Tower Wing - all are elegant and spacious
- The Taj Mahal Palace is minutes away from Mumbai's commercial, shopping and banking districts - an ideal location from which to explore Mumbai
- The hotel has a range of award-winning restaurants with cuisines ranging from contemporary Indian to fine-dining
- The excellent Jiva Spa offers traditional Indian treatments, from the relaxing Vishram to Pehlwan Malish warrior massage
- The hotel has a large courtyard swimming pool surrounded by sundecks
About The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
The history of Mumbai and The Taj Mahal Palace are dramatically intertwined. The hotel is Mumbai's first harbour landmark (built 21 years before the Gateway of India) and the site of the first licensed bar in the city. For more than a century, the Taj has played an intrinsic part in the life of the city, hosting Maharajas, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe. Today it is a Leading Hotel of the World and favourite destination for discerning travellers.
Whether you choose a room in the Palace or Tower, your accommodation is certain to be a remarkable blend of old-world elegance and modern facilities. Mixing traditional touches with stylish, contemporary design, all are decidedly upscale, in the style of a spacious luxury apartment. What's more, all afford superb views.
The Taj Mahal Palace is also home to 44 generously appointed suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture to evoke their grandeur of another age. Combining contemporary and classic styles, the richly hued interiors exemplify luxurious living, a sense re-enforced by perfect service - personal butlers can be summoned at the touch of a button - attending to every request from the check-in to departure.