Why we like it
- A jungle lodge built to blend in with its environment
- Stay in thatched cottages on raised stilts
- Opportunities to view Indian elephant, tigers and rhinos
- Explore the jungle grasslands by jeep safari foot as well as by water in search of dolphins on the Brahmaputra River
- The team of staff are incredible and will look after your every need as well as share with you an insight into their culture and jungle life
About Diphlu River Lodge
The Diphlu River Lodge is set amidst a lush green jungle environment, right at the border of Kaziranga National Park.
Amongst verdant farmland, patches of bird-rich forest and slow meandering streams, the ambience of the Diphlu River Lodge makes it a retreat in the true sense of the word. The luxurious, but rustic and eco-friendly lodge was built to adapt to the existing foliage and terrain. The cottages are built on stilts and their thatch-covered roofs are supported by thick bamboo pillars. Diphlu River Lodge is separated from the Kaziranga National Park by the river Diphlu, giving the cottages a close view of the jungle beyond it. The grounds of the lodge include a lotus pond, barbecue and an observation hut. The spacious main building, called Machan, has a library, a restaurant with high thatched ceilings, sitting areas and a large verandah with gorgeous views of the park.
The Kaziranga National Park is open from November to April each year.