Why we like it
- The camp consists of comfortable bedroom tents with verandas and bathrooms and lots of secluded spaces in which to relax
- Sher Bagh is set amidst lush trees on a private estate overlooking a valley and escarpment
- Informal Indian meals are served al fresco under the stars
- The camp has a small swimming pool with sun deck
- Other facilities include a sitting area and excellent library-bar on the main lodge's upper level
About Sher Bagh, Ranthambore
Sher Bagh is the perfect place for those looking for the ultimate in authentic Indian jungle camps.
The spacious, airy main lodge is surrounded by 12 luxury double-bedroom tents, each with its own little veranda and en suite bathroom. All are stocked with campaign style furniture, hand crafted in rosewood and teak, which has been custom-made for the camp.
The bathrooms are a delight, made in a mixture of green marble and sandstone, and offering sunken showers with running hot and cold water. The specially made khus (vetiver) soap and earth-scented showers are quite a sensory journey.
Excursions and safaris into the Ranthambhore National Park are the real highlight. Just a short drive away, it is home to the majestic tiger.