Why we like it
- All rooms and suites have sea views
- Brunton's Boatyard is located in the historic port city of Kochi, or Cochin
- The History restaurant serves a menu reflecting the cultural diversity of the region - Portuguese, Dutch, English, Arab, Syrian Christian and Jewish. The Terrace Grill specializes in fresh seafood
- Ayurvedic massage services are available
- An outdoor heated pool is located on the seafront
About Brunton Boatyard, Kochi
Although a new building, this hotel perfectly echoes the Dutch and Portuguese colonial architecture of old Fort Kochi. With lime-washed walls and terracotta floors, fine public areas and bedrooms featuring antique four poster beds, it is a perfect fusion of old and new.
The lobby sets the tone - a vault of sunlight and air, it is framed by arches and overhung with punkahs - enormous, old-fashioned fans of Indo-Portuguese origin. The rooms meanwhile are simple, yet comfortable spaces, with décor dominated by exposed wood, white walls and local craft pieces. All afford superb views, not least of Kochi's famed fishing nets, which date back to 1350 and whose preying-mantis shapes are one of the city's most enduring images.