Why we like it
- Located on the eastern shore of Lake Vembanad
- Spend time in the butterfly garden, the perfect tranquil spot
- Individually designed rooms and suites
- Facilities include a swimming pool, ayurveda treatments, yoga and a meditation centre
- Explore life on the backwaters, visit the bird sanctuary and farms or learn to cook with the local spices
About Coconut Lagoon, Kumarakom
This uniquely designed 'heritage resort' is a re-creation of a traditional Keralan village and each of the wooden houses is an original Kerala tharavadu which has been brought from all over the state and carefully re-assembled by skilled craftsmen. Parts of the hotel are over 400 years old and have been transported and rebuilt piece by piece. Each air-conditioned room is furnished in jackwood with intricate window carvings and terracotta tile floors. The bathrooms are unique part open to a private open air courtyard complete with a banana or coconut tree. The ultimate in luxury and privacy here are the Pool Villas, with private pools, distinctive interiors complete with a hammock for a lazy afternoon. The hotel has a large swimming pool looking out to the lake. Dining at the hotel is exceptional – experience local cuisine at its best. The hotel is a perfect rest stop after a busy touring itinerary in southern India.