Why we like it
- A small boutique hotel on a cardamom plantation
- A nature lovers paradise with a wide variety of flora, fauna and birdlife
- Activities available include a 4 hour mountain trek and a 2 hour walk round the plantation to learn about the Plantation
- Enjoy sumptuous local Keralan cuisine
- The Windermere offers the perfect home from home experience
About The Windermere Estate
At 1600 metres above sea level the views from The Windermere Estate are stunning, look out to endless tea plantations against the backdrop of the dramatic Western Ghats. Allow Dr Simon, his wife and their friendly team of staff to welcome you to this wonderful retreat. With a selection of 18 rooms, cottages and villas the accommodation is comfortable and traditional in style. We recommend the larger cottage rooms that have private balconies with views over the valley.
The Windmere Estate is a place to go to unwind and learn about the history of this area and how important tea has been. A great base to explore Eravikulam National park, the Tea Museum in Munnar and Thoovanam waterfall that is also close by. Enjoy your time here with the mountain fresh air before you return to the hustle and bustle of Indian city life.