Why we like it
- A unique and private beach boutique hotel
- Fifteen rooms and suites, all the suites have a balcony with ocean views
- A colonial property that has been restored to its former glory with a contemporary twist
- Beautiful landscaped gardens, ensuring there is always space for each guest
- The Villa Café is famous in the country for outstanding cuisine and guests can choose to dine where they would like
About Paradise Road Villa Bentota
Located one and a half hours south of Colombo, an excellent choice for a beach holiday on the south west coast. Each room and suite is unique in style, decoration and layout. The rooms and suites are complete with king-sized beds dressed in fine linen and en-suite bathrooms with rain showers. In-room facilities include LCD TV screens with cable channels, mini-bar, electronic safety locker and tea/coffee making facilities. The villa was designed by the world renowned architect, the late Geoffrey Bawa. He was originally drawn to this unique property in the 1970s, known as the Mohotti Walauwa. Bawa was responsible for converting the dilapidated ancestral home into Sri Lanka's first boutique hotel and today the property continues to welcome a host of guests seeking privacy and discreet service on a beautiful beach. A single track railway runs past the bottom of the garden - fortunately most people find it adds to the charm of the property rather than being a disturbance.