Why we like it
- One of few city hotels with a beach on its doorstep
- Overlooking Galle Face Green and the Indian Ocean beyond
- A range of inspiring restaurants to choose from, from high tea to Japanese
- Fabulous attention to detail in décor
- Short walk into Colombo with its fascinating cultural sights
About Taj Samudra
With 300 rooms and suites spread among five hectares of landscaped gardens, it's hard to imagine you are in a capital city. Choose from city or ocean views in stylishly furnished bedrooms; the Taj Club Rooms have the added benefit of access to the Taj Club Lounge where continental breakfast and evening cocktails are served.
The fitness centre has an impressive range of equipment. There is also a swimming pool as well as steam, sauna and Jacuzzi facilities. There are a range of restaurants to choose from, from all-day eateries to fine dining. The Golden Dragon showcases Chinese cuisine, with Szechuan the speciality while at Yumi, Japanese delicacies are the focus. Influenced by its colonial past, Lattice is the place to enjoy afternoon high tea, sampling some of Sri Lanka's finest blends.