Why we like it
- A luxurious and contemporary beach front resort part of the Aman resorts collection
- Thirty suites all with private plunge pool and terrace
- The spa offers healing massages and traditional therapies
- Facilities include a library outdoor swimming pool, restaurant, boutique shop and a lounge and bar
- A private 800 metre crescent shaped beach
About Amanwella, Tangalle
On entering Amanwella the gracious staff will welcome you as well as the spectacular views of the coconut trees leading down to the pristine beachfront. Here lies a contemporary Aman resort with space and style in a stunning location. There is a huge infinity pool that is needed when the waves become too large to allow swimming. The main restaurant looks out over the pool and there is a lovely wide terrace 8 metres above the beach creating the perfect place for a meal or pre-dinner cocktail watching the sunset over the Indian Ocean. All of the suites face a mature coconut grove. The ocean suites are perfect for families, and some are free standing units offering more privacy. The bathrooms are well appointed with free standing bath tubs; the suites are light and airy all with floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic views. The Amanwella is the perfect place for relaxation after absorbing the sights and different cultures that Sri Lanka oozes.