Why we like it
- A unique design that blends in with the landscape
- Float in the infinity pool looking accross to the magnificent Sigiriya rock fortress
- Indulge in spa treatments at the Six Senses Spa
- Dine in the main restaurant Kanchana, with large glass windows looking over to the lake
- A perfect base to explore the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka
About Heritance Kandalama, Sigiriya
From a far Heritance Kandalama can hardly be seen, designed to look like a ruin and be unobtrusive. A unique hotel it is one kilometre long shaped like a bird with wings outspread, with seven floors it is truly incredible that this hotel just fits into the side of the mountain. The hotel is design focused, it has long winding corridors and wonderful large-scale animal sculptures within it. The Six Senses Spa is located at the top of the hotel with incredible views of the lake and the perfect place for a rejuvenating massage or beauty treatment. The accommodation is offered in a variety of rooms and suites that have been decorated with woods and simple furnishings keeping the main focus of the room the views from the windows. The Deluxe rooms are slightly larger and the bathrooms bast a Jacuzzi bath, the spacious suites have a private balcony and the ultimate in accommodation hwere is the Royal Suite a private apartment offering privacey, space and exclusivity as well as the most incredible views.Heritance Kandalama is an excellent base to explore and discover the Aligala caves, Kandalama rock and Sigirya, the ancient rock fortress and palace.