Why we like it
- A unique eco-friendly boutique hotel in Anuradhapura
- A member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Twenty luxurious chalets all with a private plunge pool
- Activities available include Hiking, nature walks, bird watching, kayaking, horseriding, cyclying and archery
- Open with professional chefs ready to create a tempting feast or snack at any time of day
Ulagalla is nestled on 58 lush acres bordering two ancient reservoirs - Ullagalla and Wannamaduwa. The cultivated paddy fields form the heartland of this breathtakingly beautiful resort. When the resort was created not one tree was taken down and 1000 trees were planted after the resort was created. But the eco ethos does not detract from the guest experience. Take time to sit and relax in the the main area - an original mansion - and you'll feel the grand colonial atmosphere of old Sri Lanka.
The luxurious spacious chalets have private plunge pools and wonderful views onto the reserve. The accommodation is elegant and offers all the modern amenities expected. The main area of the hotel boasts a large swimming pool to enjoy in the heat of the day, and there's a spa for indulgent relaxation. Ulagalla has an excellent location for exploring the mighty Sigiriya Rock and Royal Gardens, Dambulla Cave Temple, the ancient ruined capital of Polonnaruwa, and the elephants in Minneriya National Park.