Why we like it
- Overlooking Sigiriya rock, set within 23 acres of abandoned paddy fields
- A stilted resort with a modern Thai/Balinese style
- A member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- The main restaurant offers superb fine dining influenced from the west and east
- Private plunge pools are offered in some of the dwellings
About Vil Uyana, Sigiriya
Vil Uyana is a haven for those who wish to escape to nature and indulge in pampering themselves in luxurious comfort. With twenty five rooms and suite and four different styles to choose from the hotel offers unique accommodation in a peaceful and tranquil setting. There are two standard rooms spacious and offer everything that one might need but for a truly luxurious stay in one of the water, paddy, marsh or forest dwellings, individual units offering a truly unique retreat. The Paddy and Marsh Dwellings are on stilts and are split-level. Some of these rooms have plunge pools. All Paddy Dwellings are connected by raised teak walkways across the rice fields. The Water Dwellings are also on stilts and are split-level. The Forest Dwellings are not above water but are duplex. Vil Uyana is only a 5km drive away from the magnificent Sigiriya rock as well as visit Polonnaruwa and Anuradhapura being close by.