Why we like it
- The Heure Bleue Palais is built on an ancient fondouq and integrated into the Essaouira Medina
- The Heure Bleue has a rooftop pool with views across the Medina
- Other facilities include a billiard room, a home theatre room offering movies and sports coverage and, nearby, an expansive beach and an 18 hole golf course
- Dining options include a Moroccan-themed, gourmet restaurant, the courtyard patio and a rooftop terrace
- The hotel offers traditional Moroccan wellness treatments known for their beauty and revitalisation benefits
About L’Heure Bleue Palais
A deluxe hotel in the city of Essaouira, Heure Bleue Palais offers its own little world of refinement and elegance, with a liberal sprinkling of traditional North African charm. A former palace, its décor and design echo the town's Portuguese heritage, drawing heavily on tones of blue, gold and burgundy.
On the first floor, the rooms are clustered around a central patio. Tastefully appointed and protected from the sun's glare by stained-glass, shuttered windows, they are attractive and comfortable, offering all the amenities of a fine hotel.
The suites are wonderfully spacious with décor reflecting a range of influences - African, Oriental, Portuguese and British Colonial. They offer everything to make guests feel truly pampered, from marble bathrooms to small details like clothes closets lined with fine wood, whilst some of the Senior Suites have fireplaces.