Why we like it
- Kasbah Tamadot is set in the breathtaking High Atlas Mountains midway between two traditional Berber villages
- Accommodation choices include suites with terraces and Berber Tents with Jacuzzi
- The Kanoun restaurant serves traditional Moroccan and Berber specialties, including ksra, an authentic, artisan bread
- The Asounfou Spa offers a full range of treatments for both men and women, as well as a traditional Moroccan Hammam
- The Kasbah has a heated outdoor infinity pool, complete with stunning views, as well as an indoor pool
About Kasbah Tamadot
Bought by Sir Richard Branson in 1998 during one of his famous ballooning expeditions, Kasbah Tamadot is set in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains one hour's drive from Marrakech, Morocco. The hotel is part of Virgin Limited Edition, a portfolio of unique retreats.
Kasbah Tamadot has 28 bedrooms and suites including six luxury Berber Tented Suites. All are individually decorated using traditional Moroccan furnishings and antiques, as well as items from the vast collection of Luciano Tempo, Kasbah Tamadot's former owner. As a renowned antiques dealer and interior designer, Luciano brought together artefacts from all over the world, many of which feature in the bedrooms. Each room has a uniquely descriptive Berber name.
The wonderfully appointed hotel is ideal as a relaxed retreat, or as a base from which to explore Marrakech and the beautiful Atlas region - by foot, 4x4 or by mule. Facilities and activities include tennis courts, table tennis, a gym, picnics in the hills and day trips.