Why we like it
- Grand dame of Marrakech, stunningly renovated after a three year closure
- Set in lush tropical gardens boasting 27 fountains and basins, 2 swimming pools and Jacuzzi
- Exquisite craftsmanship showcasing wood, Tadelakt, zellige and metals
- Three main restaurants offering Moroccan, French and Italian cuisine plus Le Pavillion de Piscine ideal for a relaxed breakfast or buffet lunch
- Four bars include the renowned Churchill Bar transporting your back to the time when Churchill was a regular guest
About La Mamounia
Recently renovated after a closure of three years Jacques Garcia with his inimitable antiques-hunter style has given La Mamounia a perfect blend between its legendary palace grandeur and Arabo-Andalusian style with modern technologies befitting a 21st Century luxury retreat. The craftsmanship on show is second to none with wood, Tadelakt, zellige and metals all used to their best.
The hotel built in 1923 has always been and continues to be a jewel in the crown of Marrakech's hotel portfolio. The 18th Century gardens were a gift from the Alaouite sultan to his son Mamoun as a wedding present.
Classic Traditional rooms on the ground and first floors and decorated with warm tones and have views over the city and internal gardens. The Superior ones being on higher floors afford views over the Hivernage whist the Deluxe overlook the Koutoubia, the park or the Atlas Mountains and Agdal garden. The Suites are a wonder to behold with spectacular views over the gardens and Atlas Mountains, opt for an Executive Suite with a spacious terrace. The Signature Suites all feature their own style and are fit for a king. Alternatively stay in your own three bedroom riad replete with large dining room, private terrace with your own swimming pool.
The cuisine on offer is wide and varied to an amazing high standard. The Sunday Brunch by the poolside in the winter will set the tone for the day with Champagne and lobster. The Menzeh pavilion hidden by rose bushes in the depths of the gardens, is the place to enjoy mint tea, an ice cream or a delight from the wonderful Pastry Chef.
Relax in the spa, work out in the fitness pavilion, take a dip in the ozone-heated swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the clay courts. Two traditional and one private Hamman as well as six outdoor massage cabins ensure that your spa experience is never the same.