Why we like it
- Sahara Desert camping in an isolated spot close to the dunes of Merzouga
- Private Arabic caidal tents with wash basin and a separate toilet and shower tent
- Outstanding cuisine served quite literally in the middle of nowhere
- Enjoy a traditional cooked Moroccan dinner around the campfire or in the private restaurant tent, followed by a wonderful array of exotic fruits
- Camel trek through the dunes at sunrise or sunset
About A&K Private Desert Camp
A convoy of 4x4 vehicles takes all the equipment necessary to the dunes of Merzouga. Traversing the rocky, flat-baked sand dunes, you can jump in the convoy or arrive in style by camel, where a traditional mint tea awaits your arrival.
The tents themselves are extremely comfortable and decorated in Berber style to enhance your desert experience. Large rugs keep out the night chills, while your bed space is accompanied by a torch - essential in the desert where the sun is the only source of light - and your campfire, of course. All tents have a small wash basin with cold running water, with towels and basic shower provisions provided. Two chairs stand sentry outside your tent - perfect for watching the permanently shifting dunes and the incredible desert sunsets.
Each tent has use of a bathroom just a few feet away, with a canvas partition separating the sink area (with the luxury of hot and cold running water) from the toilet and shower area at the back.