Why we like it
- Dar Ahlam stands in the region of the thousand Kasbahs between the peaks of the High Atlas and the gateway to the South Moroccan desert, surrounded by luscious gardens.
- All suites are spacious, with air-conditioning, fireplaces, and views of the Atlas Mountains.
- Inspired Moroccan cuisine can be served in a cosy corner of the kasbah or on a secret terrace.
- Dar Ahlam has an outdoor swimming pool, whilst the villa has its own plunge pool.
- The property is on a full board basis so all meals, drinks, excursions and cooking classes are included.
About Dar Ahlam
If the setting for this Kasbah, between the drama of the Atlas Mountains and the emptiness of the Sahara is not astonishing enough, then the building itself surely is. In the style of a traditional Kasbah, it is genuinely jaw-dropping. The brainchild of a Parisian party planner it is an intimate and hugely luxurious retreat behind bright ochre walls.
The villa and suites are fabulous. All have been decorated individually, using antiques and silk curtains to add splashes of colour and personality. The villa is built around a patio, soak up the views on the exclusive terrace or take a dip in the plunge pool.
Once part of a medieval sultan's private hunting ground in the Skoura Oasis, this towering rust-red fortress surrounded by a palm grove really is a 'House of Dreams', as its name translates. For some quality pampering unwind in one of the indoor and outdoor massage rooms. Other facilities and activities include a Hammam and solarium, mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding, quad-biking, buggy, mule rides, and hiking.