Why we like it
- Residing high in the rugged Al Hajar Mountain range, the newly opened Alila Jabal Akhdar Resort is perfectly positioned to explore the surrounding landscape
- Promoting conscious living, the resort is dedicated to an eco-friendly philosophy in order to preserve the regions natural beauty
- 84 Suites and 2 Villas are designed with traditional Omani style
- Facilities include indoor and outdoor pools, a modern fitness centre and renowned Alila Spa
- Ideal for adventure travellers and nature lovers
About Alila Jabal Akhdar
Nestled high in the majestic Al Hajar Mountain range on the A'roos plateau, Alila Jabal Akhdar's location is second to none. Situated in the cusp of a gorge some 2000m above sea level, each room provides a perfect vantage point to experience one of the World's lesser known tourist attractions. The resort itself is just 150km or a 2 and a half hour drive from the Oman capital Muscat, and is an ideal stopover when travelling to the ancient city of Nizwa or onwards to Wahiba Sands.
Built using traditional Omani techniques, the hotel is a unique fusion of Arabia's old and new architectural styles, and harmoniously blends into the natural surroundings preserving the areas beauty and wild environment. Accommodation comprises of 78 Suites, 6 Loft Suites and 2 Jabal Villas with private pools. The interiors are minimalist yet rustic in design reflecting the countries interesting culture and heritage.
At the Arabian restaurant, Juniper, you can enjoy all day dining next to panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows looking out to the mountainous landscape. As evening calls, retreat to the cosy comforts of Rose Lounge to enjoy a soothing sundowner.
We love the superb hospitality of the Leisure Concierge. With a philosophy following 5 distinct themes, they will help you to explore the region through outdoor sports, arts & crafts, culinary classes and cultural learning. The canyon walks are an experienced not to be missed.