Why we like it
- Positioned 2,000 metres above sea level, on Oman’s legendary Green Mountain, sits the highest five-star resort in the Middle East, the Anantara.
- Admire stunning canyon or garden views from the luxurious comfort of your room.
- Savour Italian classics and striking views where the water merges with the sky at poolside restaurant Bella Vista.
- Escape the everyday and descend into a world of rejuvenation with timeless treatments and salt steam rooms in the Anantara Spa.
- Swim a few laps in the temperature controlled infinity pool, then unwind amongst the bubbles of the jacuzzi.
About Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
Placed on the curving rim of a great canyon, the Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort is set amongst stunning mountainous terrain providing a picturesque backdrop, ideal landscape for mountain biking and an interesting topography on which to explore the luscious agricultural villages. All accommodation emphasises the splendour of the Omani culture, rooms featuring a rain shower, grand walk-in dressing room and personal coffee machine. Upgrade to a villa to lounge around in your own private swimming pool complete with a personalised butler service.
Start your day with breakfast at Al Maisan providing live cooking stations showcasing their cuisine. Immerse yourself in local culture at the historic city of Nizwa or run for the hills as part of a daily trek. The state of the art fitness centre, floodlit tennis court and rotating climber wall are perfect options for those who want to keep active. If you prefer a slower pace, relax at the spa with a private Hammam suite where you can try hot yoga. For a unique dining experience, indulge at Diana’s point, a cliff-side platform offering interesting history and awe-inspiring views.