Why we like it
- Situated just above the famous Bow Falls and close to the thermal springs
- Views across the valley to the spectacular Mount Rundle
- The hotel's golf course has been awarded the best in Canada so perfect for a relaxing morning
- Wonderful 'castle' style property in the heart of the Rockies
- Classical Fairmont service and style
About Fairmont Banff Springs
The Fairmont Banff Springs is another member of the famous 'Grand Railway Hotels'. These hotels were conceived in the 19th century as a way for the Canadian railway companies to entice visitors into the interior. Today they are national landmarks featuring in photographs, postcards and brochures. The Fairmont Banff Springs was supposedly modelled on a Scottish Baronial castle. You can debate how much they succeeded with this when you arrive, but you will certainly agree that it is grand.