Why we like it
- A year round resort destination
- The rooms form a 'village' of chalets and original log cabins
- Make sure you take a cruise on Lac Beauvert
- Visitors can compare whether the lodge or the Fairmont Banff Springs has the best golf course in Canada. A source of much debate
- Lake front location perfect for an afternoon picnic
About Fairmont Chateau
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise appears in thousands of visitors' photographs each year with its signature location on the shores of this dazzling lake – only a 90 minute drive from Calgary, along the famous Sea to Sky highway, one of the most picturesque drives in North America. Or if you fancy arriving in style then we can arrange a helicopter transfer – the views are magnificent.
Once at the hotel we recommend the Deluxe Lake View Room or the Gold Rooms. There is nothing better than relaxing in bed sipping a glass of champagne as you take in the amazing view of the Victoria Glacier. Fairmont Chateau is a hotel with two distinct seasons: a cold winter full of snow, and a warm summer with clear blue skies, melting the ice to reveal picturesque scenery and places to explore by foot or bike. One of North America's top ski resort destinations, a stay here will be a highlight of your journey to this beautiful part of the world.