Why we like it
- Intimate lodge catering to a maximum of eight guests
- A unique and remarkable place for wildlife viewing opportunities
- Expert guides bring this remote and beautiful location alive
- Enjoy fresh seafood served on the dining float, with that all important home from home atmosphere
- Perfect place to stay and experience raw nature for families and couples
About Bones Bay Lodge
Bones Bay Lodge presents British Colombia's West Coast marine and native wildlife in their natural habitats. Nothing quite compares to the awe and wonder of watching ocean giants such as Humpback, Orcas, Pacific Gray, and Minke whales ply the waves, feeding and frolicking in crystal sea waters. Your visit to the lodge will also include the opportunity to view and photograph Porpoises, White-sided Dolphins, Seals, Sea Lions, Bald Eagles, and Pacific Great Blue Herons as you personally discover this breathtaking and diverse West Coast environment.
The Grizzly population around Knight Inlet crawls from their sleepy hibernation in early spring to feed on tender new plant growth. In late summer and fall, when the salmon are running, the Grizzlies can be found on the spawning streams where they gorge on the salmon, in preparation for winter hibernation. Take pleasure in the safety and comfort of the fully guided tours while you observe and photograph Grizzly Bear and Black Bear feeding and exploring in this pristine territory.