Why we like it
- An intimate retreat in the picture-postcard backwaters of Clayoquot Sound
- Stay in beautiful tents in one of the world’s only temperate rainforests
- Remote and secluded – accessible only by seaplane
- The camp accommodates a maximum of 40 people at any one time
- Enjoy gourmet meals one of chef’s current signature dishes is oyster chowder and prosciutto-wrapped halibut
About Clayoquot Wilderness Resort
Clayoquot Wilderness Resort is a wildlife lover’s haven and the place to spot black bears, wolves, cougars, grey whales, orcas and bald eagles. There are 15 luxury en suite tents and five deluxe outpost tents. The luxury tents are furnished with a king or queen-size bed, en suite bathroom with under-floor heating, flushing toilet and a beautiful large indoor/outdoor shower.
There is an array of marine and land adventures on offer, all are non-intrusive and conservancy-driven. Every evening the Activities Directors will sit with you and design your adventures depending on weather, tidal charts, animal sightings and your interests and abilities. Activities range from riding, kayaking, whale-watching, bear-tracking, hiking, fishing, climbing, zip-lining and mountain biking.