Why we like it
- Floating lodge in stunning remote wilderness location
- Arrive by seaplane, the only way to get to the lodge
- Small and intimate lodge with only eight en suite rooms
- All guides are professional biologists
- Only four guests per bear viewing
About Great Bear Lodge
The lodge is located in the Great Bear Rainforest, which is home to a significant concentration of coastal grizzly bears. Each bedroom has an ensuite shower. The wind, hydro and solar powered lodge is in keeping with the commitment of Great Bear Nature Tours to low-impact ecotourism. Natural wood decks surround the lodge, a perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine while enjoying the beauty of the scenery.
There is a common area where guests can relax and a dining area where guests eat together. The lodge is surrounded by wooden decks, a perfect place to sit, relax and admire the view. Excursions are based at the remote floating lodge, where you can enjoy close observation of grizzly bears living in their natural habitat each day and still be treated to gourmet cuisine and soft beds at night. The tours offer unique views into the world of the grizzly bear.