Why we like it
- Authentic Hacienda- style accommodation, hidden across 45 acres of lush gardens and olive groves
- Impressive selection of fine dining and personalised service being a member of the famed Relais & Châteaux
- A perfect retreat at the end of a California road trip with its Spa at Rancho Valencia
- Horse riding nearby, hiking trails and yoga classes and fantastic tennis and golf available
- Perfect option for families looking for activities and couples looking for relaxation alike
About Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa
Since its opening in 1989, the award-winning Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Southern California's only Relais & Châteaux property - has garnered a reputation as one of the west's most sought-after luxury resorts. A sanctuary of good living tucked away on 45 acres of lush gardens and olive groves, this Mediterranean-inspired, all-suite property recently completed a $30 million renovation including remodelled guest casitas, a brand new restaurant and new bar, as well as major enhancements to the Spa and fitness centre. Among the property's offerings are 49 luxuriously appointed guest casitas with private patios, rejuvenating spa treatments and a wellness-oriented fitness program at The Spa, two distinctive restaurants - Veladora and The Pony Room - showcasing a farm-to-table philosophy, and an award-winning tennis program.