Why we like it
- Great location as a base to explore the surrounds and only a few paces from Santa Monica’s celebrated beach and pier
- The striking contemporary style is in evidence in all the rooms and public areas
- We love the flexibility of their poolside cabanas whether for privacy around the pool or a private dinner for two
- The Cameo Bar regularly hosts DJs at weekends and is a great venue for rubbing shoulders with the locals
- If you don’t have the energy to venture out to one of Santa Monica’s fabulous eateries, the on-site Cast restaurant is a fantastic alternative with its contemporary take on classic local ingredients
About Viceroy, Santa Monica
Santa Monica’s reputation as a funky, easy going place to be seen is nowhere more in evidence than at the Viceroy. The rooms and suites are contemporary, light and airy and afford great views either to the ocean or over the pool and to the palm punctuated city beyond. The cuisine at Cast restaurant is a fusion of local produce and international flavours and guests and locals alike flock to the effortlessly cool Cameo Bar which spills out to the poolside.
Santa Monica’s pier and beach are just a short walk away but we feel the best way to explore is to jump on one of the Viceroy’s easy to use bikes. Within a couple of miles, you can park up and enjoy the world class people-watching on offer at Venice Beach or indulge in a spot of window shopping (or the real thing) in Abbot Kinney boulevard’s trendy boutiques. Beverley Hills, Hollywood and all the sights of downtown LA are within easy striking distance (if you avoid rush hour) but if you’re like us, you’ll find the temptation to stay put and bask in Santa Monica’s easy going vibe is strong. In fact just leaving the comfort of the shady, manicured poolside could prove to be something of an effort.