Why we like it
- The resort offers "pampering massages and sensuous hot springs beneath shimmering snow banks". Soak for hours
- Try your hand at horse back riding into the wilderness, mountain biking, fly fishing, river rafting, kayaking and hiking
- Stay in a beautifully resotored log cabin or a luxury tent created with reclaimed materials from the 1830's
- Enjoy a wonderful picnic put together for you to take with you on your fishing trip
- Dinner consists of local ingredients, some from the ranch itself. Fine wines are locally sourced
About Dunton Hot Springs
There can't be many ranch style resorts out there that are a fully restored ghost town. The owners of Dunton Hot Springs have taken 7 years to return an abandoned town nestled deep in the Rocky Mountains back to life. Cabins include names such as Potter House, Bjoerkmans, Forge and Honeymoon and are spaced out in the original layout of the town.
From the outside what appears to be a series of simple log cabins reveals the ultimate in luxury inside. Dunton is entirely unique and so are each of the wonderfully furnished cabins and luxury tents. The resort is a destination in its own right. Activities include horse riding, fly fishing, hiking, mountainerring, mountain biking and rock climbing in the summer, while in the winter take to the snow an enjoy Heli-skiing, dog sledding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, ice skating and snowmobiling. Here you will find your own adventure.