Why we like it
- The rooms and cottages are dotted throughout the extensive grounds, most overlooking the bay
- The resort has recently completed a brand new pool and jacuzzi development
- In the evenings guests retire to seating around the large fire pits dotted about for a nightcap
- Wequassett offers a challenging 18-hole golf course
- There is the chance to rent sailboats, motorboats or kayaks
Wequassett, or "cresent on the water", was originally named by the Wampanoag Indians who made this area their home. Set close to the charming village of Chatham on Cape Cod, the resort has stood since 1925 and has always been at the forefront of New England luxury.
Wequassett has that typical look and feel of the area - white-washed buildings and clapboard cottages. This is a luxurious spot to base yourself for day trips along the Cap or out to the islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. The resort's golf course, tennis centre and sailing school allow guests who don't wish to travel far to keep the days active and the evenings relaxed.