Why we like it
- At the corner of Park Avenue South and East 29th Street in the NoMad district, steps away from Broadway
- Times Square and Gramercy Park
- Downtown edge meets uptown sensibility
- Signature roof top pool with fantastic views of the Empire State building
- 249 luxury rooms and suites, some of the largest in New York and great for families
About Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
At the corner of Park Avenue South and East 29th Street, the former Marathon bank building has been created to make way for a new 249-room hotel - Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC.
The hotel's rooftop, similar to Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, is one of the most notable in New York. Designed by the Stephen B. Jacobs Group, P.C. and Andi Pepper Interior Design, the handsome 20-story stone, glass, and metal panel building, punctuated by Juliet balconies, incorporates similar signature design aspects as its sister hotels. The 40-foot heated indoor/outdoor rooftop pool will be open exclusively to guests during the day, and transforms to one of the city's hot spots of New York nightlife, with its connected tri-level bar, outdoor space, and two hospitality/event suites / VIP lounges. The third floor offers larger banquet and meeting spaces, and Exhale Spa will open a location in the hotel, offering its proprietary mind body classes.
The ground floor is home to Ristorante Asellina, from The ONE Group and a high-end sports bar, both designed by the award-winning iCrave design firm. The restaurant, with its rich materials of wood, stone, and polished concrete, uses earth-tones, greenery, and fireplaces, to provide a warm, home-like, musically-enhanced environment in which to dine and lounge.