Why we like it
- Each room is named after an icon of Argentine culture
- Legado Mitico Buenos Aires is located in the trendy Palermo Viejo district
- The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are a wide variety in the surrounding streets
- Other facilities include gardens and terraces, a lounge and a library packed with historical tracts
- The hotel is open to children, but does not offer specialist kids' facilities
About Legado Mitico Buenos Aires
This hotel is a wonderful combination of old and new, ideal for those with an eye for the urbane. The Legado is hidden behind mahogany-paneled doors off the cobbled streets of Palermo and is a haven of sophistication where every detail has clearly been pored over in creation of superb interiors. Despite all the refinement, the hotel still manages to create a friendly, homely atmosphere.
The Legodo's eleven rooms, all en suite, are individually decorated and furnished. All take neutral décor and polished hard wood floors as their starting points, adding splashes of colour with woven rugs, bedspreads and paintings. They are the very definition of elegant chic.
The same could be said of the rest of the interior, which is a blend of gentlemen's club and seriously upscale apartment. Wood panelling and leather chairs abound, but so do more modern pieces, whilst there seem to be books in almost every corner. Finally, the enclosed terrace is a wonderfully relaxed and private space, where the bustle of the city seems worlds away.