Why we like it
- The spacious rooms and suites have lake or mountain views
- The magnificent Llao Llao Hotel & Resort is located on hillside between lakes Nahuel Huapi and Moreno
- The spa offers a wide range of treatments amidst wonderful scenery
- The hotel has heated indoor and outdoor vanishing edge swimming-pools
- Other facilities and activities include a fitness centre, archery, mountain biking and trekking, water sports, golf and, in winter, skiing
About Llao Llao Hotel & Resort
The Llao Llao Hotel & Resort stands in a magnificent lakeside setting, with a backdrop of mountains, volcanoes and ancient cypress, coigue and arrayan forests.
From its hillside location, the hotel affords breath-taking views across the lakes, dotted with small islands, and the mountains beyond. Architect, Alejandro Bustillo, originally built the hotel in 1938 and the charm of his original design is retained today - in the form of wood panelled walls, exposed beams and a warm, cosy feel.
Accommodation is spread across two wings connected by a bridge - the original Bustillo Wing and the Lago Moreno Wing, which opened in 2007. All the rooms and suites are spacious and beautifully appointed, some with outdoor spaces. In terms of decor, muted, warm shades dominate, whilst well-chosen furniture and furnishings create a relaxed, homely feel.
But it is outdoors where this hotel really comes into its own - with 15 acres of parkland, lovely terraces, a marina, a beach, walks and, of course, water sports to keep guests entertained.