Why we like it
- Many of the rooms and suites have mountain views, some from private patios
- La Merced del Alto is at the foot of the Nevado de Cachi and just outside the charming town of Cachi, south of Salta
- The a la carte restaurant serves gourmet Andean cuisine
- The spa offers a wide range of treatments, whilst facilities include an open-air Jacuzzi, Scottish shower and solarium
- The stylish outdoor pool and sun deck afford spectacular views across the valley below
About La Merced del Alto
The Hotel La Merced del Alto overlooks a breath-taking valley, surrounded by hills and a lush river valley. It is the ideal base from which to explore the town of Cachi and the surrounding Calchaqui Valley.
The hotel has just 14 spacious and contemporary rooms, some with mountain views. All exude a calm simplicity, with white walls counterpointed by arches, bamboo ceiling detailing and exposed wooden floors. Huge, comfortable beds are dressed with pure white, fine cotton linen, whilst the bathrooms are light and airy.