Why we like it
- 17 rooms on three floors overlook either the Baroque Church of Sao Francisco or the Villa's leafy courtyards
- Villa Bahia is in the heart of Pelourinho, the historic quarter of the UNESCO World Heritage listed city
- The restaurant offers first-class contemporary cuisine imbued with the richness of local flavours
- A refreshing plunge pool is set in a courtyard and surrounded by lush gardens
- Other facilities include two garden courtyards and a panoramic terrace
About Villa Bahia
Villa Bahia is a hotel like no other in Salvador da Bahia. Incorporating two magnificent 17th and 18th century mansions, it is awash with colonial charm - exemplified by its quiet, atmospheric courtyards.
The villa's 17 rooms have been carefully renovated to preserve their original spirit. Named after Portuguese colonies along the spice routes from Timor to Madagascar, the rooms are all individually decorated with dark woods, restored antiques and chandeliers as well as locally made fabrics and touches of décor relating to their namesake.
The private terrace with fine views across the rooftops of colonial Salvador is a wonderful spot.