Why we like it
- All the resort's cabañas have private decks with hammocks overlooking the sea
- Santa Catarina's natural emerald splendour of forest and sea serves as the backdrop for Ponta dos Ganchos, one of Brazil's most exclusive hideaways
- A superb, heated infinity pool overlooks the ocean from an elevated position
- Other facilities include a state-of-the-art fitness centre, cinema, bar, lounge, games room, ocean-front tennis court and nature trails. Arvoredo Island, the best site for scuba diving in South Brazil, is nearby
- The restaurant is a la carte, with menus celebrating the shellfish for which the region is famous.
- The resort is open to guests aged 18 and above
About Ponta dos Ganchos
Ponta dos Ganchos is an exclusive resort located on a privately-owned peninsula, surrounded by the exuberant Emerald Coast. Known as one of the most exclusive beach resorts in Brazil, stands where the waters of the Emerald Coast meet the lush rainforest vegetation in a dazzling display of colour and light.
The resort's twenty five charming cabañas lie in perfect harmony with the breath-taking scenery. Dotted amongst the lush greenery, they are designed in rustic-chic style, their exteriors dominated by hardwood facias and huge expanses of glass. Inside the rustic theme contrasts with a slick, contemporary feel, exemplified by clean lined furniture and high design fittings. Meanwhile, simple fabric accents and natural light soften the overall feel.
The cabañas' outdoor spaces are simply superb - lovely hardwood decks surrounded by lush greenery create peaceful, private spaces.