Why we like it
- Some of the suites have private balconies. All rooms are air-conditioned
- The Belmond Hotel das Cataratas is the only hotel within the Iguaçu National Park (on the Brazilian side), and is surrounded by tropical nature alongside the Iguaçu Falls
- Dining options include Ipê Grill alongside the pool and the Restaurant Itaipu - both serve international cuisine and local dishes
- Completely refurbished in 2009, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas is a Portuguese-colonial residence.
- It is a classic Belmond hotel, redolent with the atmosphere of lazy days lounging on a veranda or beneath sub-tropical palms
About Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas
Completely refurbished in 2009, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas is a Portuguese-colonial residence. It is a classic Belmond hotel, redolent with the atmosphere of lazy days lounging on a veranda or beneath sub-tropical palms.
The rooms are decorated in a Portuguese style and feature paintings of the local flora and fauna by the Brazilian artist Ludmilla de Montes, alongside traditional Azulejos "painted tiles" designed exclusively for Hotel das Cataratas. The suites follow a similar decorative style, with the addition of outdoor spaces in many cases. All have lovely, marble-lined bathrooms.
This charming hotel is a fantastic location from which to experience the magnificence of the Iguaçu Falls, or to explore the paths leading to the mighty Devil's Throat.