Why we like it
- Select rooms and suites have views of the world-famous Copacabana beach or the city
- As the name suggests, Belmond Copacabana Palace is located on the famous Copacabana Beach
- Copacabana Palace is home to three of Rio de Janeiro's finest restaurants, The Hotel Cipriani, The Pérgula and MEE – awarded with a Michelin Star
- The magnificent swimming pool at the Belmond Copacabana Palace has long drawn stars and royalty alike to sunbathe, swim and socialise
- Other facilities include a fitness centre, tennis court, exclusive beach service and the classically styled Piano Bar
About Belmond Copacabana Palace
Storming to the top of the hot of the press 'Conde Nast 2014 Gold List' in the best city hotels category we simply adore the old school opulence of the famous Belmond Copacabana Palace. Superbly positioned with its grand edifice overlooking the sea, this glamorous Belmond landmark in Rio has been welcoming the rich and famous since its Art Deco doors swung open in 1923. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers danced here and the Rolling Stones tuned up in its grand salon before their concert on the beach.
The Belmond Copacabana Palace has 239 rooms and suites in total, 147 are found in the main building, of which 71 are suites. In addition, there are 58 suites and 40 bedrooms with city views in the brand new Tower Wing. Every room and suite is individually designed with fine period furniture and original works of art, creating an elegant, yet relaxed ambiance. To quote Conde Nast 'Stepping through the doors of the Copacabana always feels like the start of an adventure' and we're certain this will be an adventure that will make you feel fabulous!