Why we like it
- Most of the 100 or so rooms have balconies with ocean views
- Fasano Rio de Janeiro is located on the Avenida Viera Souto, in the heart of Ipanema Beach
- Spa Fasano | Renata de Abreu is a beautiful space where a wide range of specially designed treatments are available
- The rooftop pool is indisputably the most beautiful in the city
- Other facilities include a fitness centre, Baretto Londre (the 'cousin' of São Paulo's Baretto, the number one bar in the world, according to Wallpaper magazine), a Lobby Bar and a rooftop area with a patio bar and Starck's signature quirky mirrors
About Fasano Rio
The Fasano Rio oozes the style and elegance synonymous with the Fasano Collection of hotels and restaurants. Every detail has been designed to the nth degree - from the furniture to the staffs' vintage uniforms, and by some of the world's best contemporary designers.
Philippe Starck took the lead, creating a well located, fabulous, yet understated property with superb touches throughout. Sergio Rodrigues iconic relaxing chairs can be found throughout and a giant pekia tree serves as the reception desk - unique details that combine well with signed pieces from the 1950s and 60s.
The rooms are pure Philippe Starck - from the layout to the choice of furniture. All are decked out with hardwood floors, Rodrigues chairs and Dali-esque, ear-shaped mirrors. The fact that the sumptuous king-sized beds are set at a slight incline to ensure they follow the horizon and maximise the view tells its own story about the level of attention to detail on display. All the rooms are stocked with Starck designed appliances, Havianas and marble bathrooms.