Why we like it
- An ideal base from which to explore the surrounding sand dunes and salt plains
- With more than 40 explorations, enjoy guided hikes, high mountain ascents and biking
- Unwind with a massage at the Turi Puri, an original 90-year-old adobe building
- Enjoy a spot of stargazing at one of the best private Chilean observatories
- Savour delicious local dishes in the Quincho barbecue area
About Explora Atacama
Located in the oasis of San Pedro de Atacama, this hotel is the epitome of both simplicity and luxury.
Set against the striking backdrop of the Andean desert and highlands in 17 hectares, this hotel’s 50 rooms and suites are designed to take full advantage of the space and seclusion of the surrounding landscape. Their design willing you to disconnect from the everyday. In line with this ethos, the rooms are not equipped with televisions or wifi, which is only available in the hotel’s common areas.
Relax in the spa’s interconnected ambient-temperature pools following a day of exploration. Enjoy the sauna, steam-bath facilities and open-air Jacuzzis, or unwind with a massage at the Turi Puri (meaning ‘House of Water’).
The restaurant menu features nutritious dishes created with quality, locally sourced ingredients, together with a comprehensive wine list. On special occasions, the Quincho barbecue area hosts guest gatherings with traditional spit-roasted meats and regional dishes, with a side of Andean music and dance.
Enjoy a guided hike on foot or horseback, setting out from the on-site stables. Indulge your inner astronomer in the private observatory. Whatever way you choose to while away the hours in this Chilean idyll, Explora Atacama will capture your imagination.